Old June 10th 04, 03:22 AM
Nathan A. Barclay

Default How Children REALLY React To Control

"R. Steve Walz" wrote in message
Nathan A. Barclay wrote:

Our kids read or slept or listened to music or TV or computer just
exactly as they LIKED, and came and went as they liked, and they
thereby learned their OWN INTERNAL self-regulation for THEIR OWN
purposes, and didn't have to undergo ANY shock of first freedom
when they moved from our home to their first place of their own!

I find it curious that someone who claims to have such strong respect for
his children's rights and desires would adopt as arrogant, disrespectful,
and insulting a tone as you do toward other adults. How would you expect
your children to react to the kind of tone you are using here on this
newsgroup? What would your children think if they told you they felt one
way about something, and you tried to insist that they could not possibly
feel that way and must feel some other way entirely? And why would you
expect such a tone to be any more successful with adults than it would be
with your children?