Old May 18th 04, 10:52 PM
PattyMomVA

Default carrier & sling

"Angela Schepers" wrote and I snipped...
I can't get Quinn to lay down by himself and sleep during the day for
the most part though he'll sleep if he's laying on my chest or if I'm
holding him. He seems to lie down in his crib a little better at night.
If I try and let him go to sleep by himself he'll cry inconsolably for
as long as I let him lie there. That's not conducive to having time or
mobility to do laundry, wash dishes, wash bottles, fix lunch, pump
breast milk, etc. I'm about ready to
go bonkers if I don't get a little more mobility back and am getting a
little desperate so lets just pray that this works out for the both of
us.

Angela
Quinn Alexander 5/07/04

Oh my gosh! Your babe is only 11 days old! You just gave birth 11 days
ago! What did you think having a newborn would be like? You will look back
on this period as such a tiny little blip in your relationship. It hasn't
been even 2 weeks. He really and truly needs nearly all your attention
right now.

Does anyone else know what I'm trying to express? I don't want to sound
harsh, but, geez.....

I suggest you slow down and give both yourselves a break. I don't know your
story about the pumping and bottles, but let DH or other family/friends do
the laundry, dishes, and meals. Your DS isn't likely to be *ready* to sleep
by himself. He's still so *new*. This is a very short time in his life
when you and he can lie around getting used to each other and he used to
being in the world. Please don't expect so much of yourself or of him.

Good luck,
-Patty, mom to Corinne (6y) and Nathan (nearly 4y!)
and stepmom to Victoria (14y)