Old May 19th 04, 12:19 AM
Fer

Default carrier & sling

PattyMomVA wrote:
|| "Angela Schepers" wrote and I snipped...
||| I can't get Quinn to lay down by himself and sleep during the day
||| for the most part though he'll sleep if he's laying on my chest or
||| if I'm holding him. He seems to lie down in his crib a little
||| better at night. If I try and let him go to sleep by himself
||| he'll cry inconsolably for as long as I let him lie there. That's
||| not conducive to having time or mobility to do laundry, wash
||| dishes, wash bottles, fix lunch, pump breast milk, etc. I'm about
||| ready to
||| go bonkers if I don't get a little more mobility back and am
||| getting a little desperate so lets just pray that this works out
||| for the both of us.
||| Angela
||| Quinn Alexander 5/07/04
|| Oh my gosh! Your babe is only 11 days old! You just gave birth 11
|| days ago! What did you think having a newborn would be like? You
|| will look back on this period as such a tiny little blip in your
|| relationship. It hasn't been even 2 weeks. He really and truly
|| needs nearly all your attention right now.
|| Does anyone else know what I'm trying to express? I don't want to
|| sound harsh, but, geez.....

I know what you are trying to express Patty I think us Mums that have
BTDT end up with that knowing smile on our faces when we read posts like
these. Most ppl never have been around newborns 24/7 so the shock of just
how much most need in the beginning can be overwhelming. I've found
personally that the difference between a 0-1 month can be extraordinary with
respect to being able to do more with and without the little one.

To the OP: I hope the carrier or sling work out for you. Either can be a
lifesaver!
--?

Jenn
-DS Feb'92