Old May 19th 04, 02:04 AM
Em

Default carrier & sling

"PattyMomVA" wrote in message
"Angela Schepers" wrote and I snipped...
I can't get Quinn to lay down by himself and sleep during the day

for
the most part though he'll sleep if he's laying on my chest or if

I'm
holding him. He seems to lie down in his crib a little better at

night.
If I try and let him go to sleep by himself he'll cry inconsolably

for
as long as I let him lie there. That's not conducive to having time

or
mobility to do laundry, wash dishes, wash bottles, fix lunch, pump
breast milk, etc. I'm about ready to
go bonkers if I don't get a little more mobility back and am getting

little desperate so lets just pray that this works out for the both

of
us.

Angela
Quinn Alexander 5/07/04

Oh my gosh! Your babe is only 11 days old! You just gave birth 11

days
ago! What did you think having a newborn would be like? You will

look back
on this period as such a tiny little blip in your relationship. It

hasn't
been even 2 weeks. He really and truly needs nearly all your

attention
right now.

Does anyone else know what I'm trying to express? I don't want to

sound
harsh, but, geez.....

I remember this early newborn period very well. I was so overwhelmed by
how drastically my life had changed and desperately wanted some sense of
"normal" to return. I was fairly well prepared to have a baby, I
thought, but some of the changes really slapped me in the face. I think
I can identify with how Angela might be feeling--during those early
days, it was hard to look forward into the future and see that things
would be any different. I felt like I was just going to be submerged for
the rest of my life! Everything felt like a huge deal and like it was
very significant (i.e. if xyz doesn't happen *now* is my baby going to
be warped and/or am I an evil mom for feeling like I miss my old life
and feel trapped and confused now?).

For me, things picked up and felt much more "normal" and routine after
about 2 months. It took a while for me to stop wondering when my "real
life" was going to return!

--
Em
mama to L-baby, almost 8 months old