Old April 27th 06, 12:37 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default BPD/FL ratio

Hi all,
My wife is pregnant and now her pregnancy is 24 weeks old. This
monday when we went for routine Ultrasound the Biparetal
Diameter/Femur Length ratio has come out to be 2.32 where it should
have been somewhere around 1.5 (BPD is 61mm and FL is 26.3 mm).... Now
my question is will the pregnancy last? or we will have to do an
abortion(pre-mature delivery)? If the pregnancy will held then what are
the chances that the child will live after birth and will not be
effected by Down Syndrome and other deficenies? Please do help me. By
looking at different charts online I have gained that Femur length
should have been close to 45mm in the 24th week. and the cut off length
should have been at least 40mm. Now I am really worried and before the
visit to Gynae I want to get some knowledge from you people...

Imran