Old January 8th 07, 03:23 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Kim

Default What would you do?

"xkatx" wrote in message
newsskoh.116413$rv4.33055@edtnps90...

"Bev" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello folks!

Awful quiet around here?

Sure is!!

So...my recently turned 3 yr. old grand daughter received this very
cute little doll for her birthday that she named "Crystal" well lately
"Crystal is breaking all the house rules! "Jaime" stop jumping on the
couch..."Crystal told me to do it" Jaime clean up your toys "Crystal
was playing with them"
Jaime why are your panties wet" Crystal peed in them " get the idea?

At first we started saying Crystal needs to behave herself but I am
thinking this may lead to some more serious problems letting her use
this doll as a scape goat or excuse to disobey the rules!

I laughed my fool a$$ off today when Mari decided to ground Crystal to
a time out ! There has to be a better way . I mean I heard she spanked
the doll yesterday for being near the stove ! I do not think Jaime is
learning anything more than that she has Mari disciplining a baby doll
, I know I must intervene soon, as I usually do after getting what
amusement I can out of Mari's twisted parenting style lol! I know
.....bad me but hey it's been a long time coming.............

Wake up yous' guys !
Bev

Well, in all honesty, I'm really not one to play these kinds of games, and
I probably have a fairly twisted parenting style as well!
First of all... If she's blaming such behaviour that she well knows is not
acceptable (eg., she's potty trained and normally does not have accidents,
she knows well enough that jumping on the couch/bed/whatever is not
allowed, she's aware that when she is done playing with toys they must be
put away, etc.) and has recently started to blame the doll, I don't think
that would hold up very long with me.

I would make it clear that we do not pee our pants - we use the toilet.
We pick up our toys, we don't jump on furniture, we don't touch the stove,
we turn lights off after leaving a room - whatever. If the doll is being
used as a blame tool, I would make it clear that soon 'Crystal' will not
be welcome in our home. If it is Crystal that is making the mess/not
following rules, then Crystal will not be allowed in our home. If she's
old enough to follow the rules until the doll, she should be old enough to
comprehend that we don't enjoy people in our home that do not follow the
same rules we all do.

I dunno... If she insists on blaming the doll, I, honestly, would not
allow the doll to be used as the excuse!

I can just imagine disciplining the poor doll! That reminds me of how my
brothers and I used to blame eachother and not get disciplined for
something we did wrong because another was blamed and caught hell for it

Although I chuckled at Zorro's advice I think this is good sound advice
right here...