Old December 2nd 04, 09:18 PM
Nan

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 14:50:34 -0600, "Tori M."
scribbled:

Bonnie (31 months?) has been stripping herself naked and running arround..
no big deal she is young but some times she goes potty on the potty chair
when no one is paying attention. She WILL NOT go potty on the potty chair
if you ARE paying attention. The other day I noticed pee in the chair and
thought DH left it there so I could see she went but it turns out that he
did not know she did it. so this leaves me in a pickle I guess.

1.) She knows what the potty chair is for and that she needs to use it BUT
she does not want to for the most part.
2.) She pooped on the floor today right after using the potty chair to go
pee.

What can I do to encourage the good behavior (using the potty chair) without
too much emphasis on the bad behavior (pooping on the floor) Not that the
story of that wasnt funny.. DH said she walked up to him with it in her hand
saying poopie poopie.. lol he just put it in the toilet.. I dont know if
there was also a punishment to go along with it since he gets the morning
shift while I catch up on sleep.

We used sticker charts. Every time dd used the potty, she put a
sticker on her chart. For the pooping, I finally resorted to bribes
with chocolate. I'd do it again in a heartbeat ;-)

I'd just ignore the accidents. My dd didn't like the idea of a potty
chair, but she liked using an insert on the big toilet. Maybe Bonnie
would go for that idea?

Nan