Old April 5th 11, 10:32 AM
stevenricherd stevenricherd is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyBusyBee View Post
I'm not entirely sure that I agree with this article, Leroy. Insurance companies are privatized and have never been ruined by government intervention. I've read the bill before and it's very much clearly stated that the government can't alter insurance practices unless those companies are doing something illegal and/or wrong.

I think most people are aggravated because following the bill being passed, the insurance companies decided to raise prescription costs. Do we blame Obama? No. Not at all. Those pharmaceutical companies were making plenty of money before. Essentially, they raised their costs out of spite and to gain support for privatized health care and opposition towards Obama's plans. No one gets angry with the pharmaceutics companies and they're really the ones to blame. They charge WAY too much for medication that ultimately keeps people alive.
It is all according to law and no one can raise a finger on the Government or insurance companies, because if the companies not follow the bill then this is upto Government to take action on them.

Last edited by stevenricherd : April 13th 11 at 08:29 AM.