Old July 28th 04, 10:14 PM
Mary S.

Default Birth plans, c-section, premature birth etc.

In addition, I have a 50% probability that this will end up being another
premature delivery. Therefore, I assume the birth plan will have to be
changed in that instance, and I don't know what is reasonable. If it's
another premature birth, I will probably be on pretty heavy medication
(since that would imply a recurrance of the HELLP), and I don't know if
breastfeeding would be reasonable or not.

Do you know how breastfeeding-friendly your hospital is? If they are
good, maybe just put in a short birth plan that you'd like them to do
everything possible to help you breastfeed (like having them wake you to
pump, if you're able, and requesting BF-friendly medications)? I'm
guessing that a simple, "This is what I'd really really like, so please
help me in whatever ways you can to achieve this," and maybe some
possible suggestions, may get you the best results, since you can't
predict how things will be going.

Good luck! I hope the HELLP doesn't come back and that your birth goes
as smoothly as possible.

Mary S.