Old September 17th 04, 01:50 AM
Bebelestrnge0721

Subject: Need a couple of ideas and resources
From: (Pacobr549)
Date: 9/16/2004 7:43 PM Eastern Standard Time
He's not his stepdad.

says who you ?

You aren't married.

and so ?

He may love your kid, but he's
not
his dad or his stepdad.

I do not believe she called him his dad?
the definition of stepdad : indeed uses the term married in the definition,
why must you be so politically correct when you know there is a large number of
HEALTHY non traditional family units? Must you nit pick someones family
beliefs? A political or religious ceremony does not define the term Family
anymore. A marriage certificate does not make a family.

He's not a replacement for you. I'm not saying
there
was anything you could do about it, you can't help being sick and having to
leave him, but you need to understand (and I tried to say this before when
you
got ****ed off and filtered me) that just because you love this guy and want
think he's just as much family to your kid as you are, he's not, not in your
kids eye. Very often parents assume that their kids should feel lovey toward
their love interests because they do. But it doesn't necesarily work that
way.
It may just be that part of his anger has something to do with this
difference
between him and you as to who this guy is in your life. Before you get
defensive and ****ed off, just think about it.

In many cases the "step parent" which IS the term used in these non
traditional households is a more loving more dedicated ,more supportive , and
most definately a healthier parental figure than some biological parents. You
would deny a child the parental love of someone solely because there is no
marriage certificate? How sad is that ? JMHO

I am betting dollars to donuts that slykitten would not have left her son with
the man if there was a poor relationship between them and furthermore you
belittle her judgement as a parent to suggest she would. You also suggest she
further distresses her sons condition by expecting him to be lovey with her
love interest, which I am sure she that has gone to such lengths to support and
help her son would not be carelessly adding fuel to the fires of this childs
anger. I happen to know first hand that when a child has a raging mental health
condition the child snaps out over the slightest of things. Many mental health
conditions include a very narcistic sp ?
attitude. You are blaming her for her sons mental illness and I am appalled .I
already know you don't care what I think or feel but then the feeling is mutual
I am sure. Why did you bother to respond at all if you can't get off your
pedastal and stop blaming parents that come here for advice . There is no way
in hell I will ever believe YOU have never made a mistake or fallen off track
emotionally in your life, what is with you ? Not that I care...... Heh