Old May 30th 04, 07:05 PM
Sophie

Default Name suggestions please

Some guidelines:
Generally, *I* like names that have withstood the test of time, and we'd
prefer it if it isn't in the top fifty names of the year (but even if its

most popular Australian name for the year, that won't stop us using it if

we
both manage to really like it). DH has had some good suggestions and some
hideously awful ones as well ('Sheridan' and 'Carmelle' being the latest 2
that push my buttons).

Sheridan just makes me think of "Keeping Up Appearances" - lol.

'Kate' and 'Victoria' are already taken (DD).
*I* like 'Elizabeth' (mainly because I *love* the nickname 'Lizzie'), I

love
'Josephine' and I also like 'Sophia'.

Well I have to go with Josephine as it's my fave girl name.

I also like the names 'Harry' and
'Angus' (but have already been vetoed on Angus).

How about Magnus, it's close to Angus?

Our last name is 'Wright' (which rules out Orville, Wilbur, Eileen, Shelby
and others that make silly sayings).
All suggestions will be considered.

Thanks
Amanda

I went to the Social Security website, looked up the popular 1000 names and
started at the bottom of the list. You can also type in a name and see
where it was on the list in a given year.