Old October 10th 05, 10:27 PM
bizby40

Default playdates for 4yo

"toypup" wrote in message
. ..
Until now, I've had playdates arranged with friends who have children or
people I meet in playgroups. Basically, I know the parents first. Now,
DS is in preschool and he has this best friend who I'd like to have over
for a playdate. I see his dad in passing but we don't make much
conversation as one of us is either coming or going. I did mention to him
that we'd love to have his DS come over for a playdate one of these days.
I wonder if most parents of 4 yo these days drop off their kids on
playdates when they don't really know the other family? I guess I could
invite the dad (I never see the mom), but I really want it to just be a
playdate. That's all I have energy for ATM, lol.

I wouldn't have left my child with a family I didn't know at that age.
Kindergarten seems to make a world of difference. That said, you
can ask and the worst that can happen is that they'll say no. Offer
to take her home from pre-school and have them pick her up later.
That way there won't be any confusion about whether they are
expected to stay, and you won't have to try to find a nice way
to tell them they aren't welcome.

Bizby