Old August 28th 06, 02:25 PM posted to misc.kids,alt.mothers
Leanne

Default How Dangerous is Childhood

Untrue. My Dad grew up in a totalitarian regime. There was plenty of
obedience, but no respect for the people at the top.

This is what I think the whole issue is, its comparing extremes... most
children will never be put in a situation like that (my father fled from
Poland to escape Auschwitz as a child) There will be no absolute fear to
make them obey without respect. I can honestly say I was much more
interested in learning/listening in classes where teachers showed respect
and belief in each individual.