Old May 1st 06, 01:45 AM posted to misc.kids

Default riding lessons

"dejablues" wrote in

"enigma" wrote in message
. ..
Boo (6 in August) wants to start horse riding lessons this
summer. so... what questions do i need to ask the
instructor/stable?

Ask if they have insurance? I dunno.

NH has a stable indemnity law. you ride at your own risk.

Go watch a few lessons if you can. Some only offer group
lessons for younger riders, individual lessons for older
riders who seem really serious about it. I think my parents
just took me to the stable that was closest - they had a
summer pony camp program.

i found one of those (pony camp). i think he'd do better with
private instruction though. he doesn't deal well with large
groups.

I took riding lessons from age 7 and as a teenager I later
gave lessons on my outgrown pony. I had four students. It
was great. I begean teaching my son and two nieces to ride
last year but we had to stop for several reasons - I hope
to start them again soon.

he's wanted a horse since he was 2. he's managed to pick the
Kentucky Derby winner for the past 3 years, too...
lee
--
If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the
guise of