Old September 26th 07, 04:22 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
cjra

Default Gifts for NICU nurses

On Sep 25, 8:28 am, Crobina wrote:
Hello,
I currently have twins (a boy and a girl) that are in the NICU. They
have been there for a month and will most likely be there for another
month or so. My wife and I wanted to do something for the nurses in
the NICU as they are wonderful. Not only do they help take care of
the kids, but they help support us as well. My questions a

1) Is a gift appropriate? It would not be individual in nature, but
the group as a whole, split into two - one for the day shift and one
for the night shift, since so many different nurses have taken care
of
them. - Plus I know that even the ones that did not watch our kids
would do the same job.
2) What types of things (if you were a NICU nurse) would you
like to get? We were thinking food (like gourmet popcorn), fruit
(harry & davids), gourmet snacks, cookies, and the like. Is this a
good idea?

If you have any other thoughts or suggestions, please let me know.
Thank you for your help.

DD was in 3 different places - NICU, Special Care on one floor, then
Special Care in PICU. We put together 3 bags of Swiss Chocolate (lots
of different types...DH is Swiss) and a general card to all. They
seemed pretty happy with that

At Christmas, 6 months later, we brought a bag of gifts for the babies
(things on the list the hospital gives out requesting for gifts) and
another bag of chocolates for the staff, along with a picture of a
healthy DD (they didn't recognise her...)