Old March 25th 04, 12:39 AM
Tiffany

Default Update: Problems with 14yr old sister...

Daniel daniel_h_wATyyahooDOTccom wrote in message
"Tiffany" wrote in message

Daniel daniel_h_wATyyahooDOTccom wrote in message

Good of you to have that talk and hope you had a good trip. Since you

didn't
post anything to the contrary, I am glad to see that your sister didn't

get
into any trouble while you were gone.

She is talking about your girlfriend changing your clothes, you are not

on
the Pc as much..... how is this relevant to HER behavior anyways? It

just
seemed as though your chat was of 2 adults, when in reality, it is one

adult
in charge and a child.

I let my sister lead the conversation & I just turned it in the
directions/points needed for the time. SHE is the one who brought that
up...she acted as if she had a problem with my girlfriend & was giving

this
as arguements for her belief (though they were improper & invalid ones, as

explained to her). She had tried to say that since I've got with my
girlfriend that is the reason she started this relationship with this
guy...though she failed to remember/acknowledge that she started this

thing
of being gone at every chance long before then, started hanging out with

the
bad crowd before then, got into trouble before then, & also that we have
tried to include her as much as possible (because when she's with us she's
not with him or with any other form of trouble + she is spending time with
us/me), & that she's seen me leave my girlfriend alone as long as needed

talk to her when she asked or needed it. I think the reason she brought

her
up was either because it was pre-programmed into her head (the jelousy of
the other friend), or she was just looking for an easy excuse/blame game &
needed to be reminded/showed that this was NOT a valid excuse & why it
wasn't. She may have acknowledged the relationship between him & her

after
we got together, but we've made sure not to give her any reason to use us

as
an excuse to be this way. Also a 3rd possible reason she brought my
girlfriend into this was because she's used to having some problem
(legitimate one, usually the guy being a total a**hole/drunk/druggie/women
beater/loser) with EVERY one of my mom's boyfriends (& may be repeating

the
same situation?).

As for the 'friend'..... you never really know someone and may never

know
her reasons for what she did. Kick her out of your life and be done with

it.
Your energies are needed elsewhere.

I'll also add that she (this person) is immature at times & is also on
medication for various mental problems (including depression)...maybe that
is playing a part here? She sees my sister as wanting to play & the
immaturity kicks in & she decides that since playing is more fun then to
allow it & when she talks to me & I talk about the problems she is anadult

&
realizes the situation & sides with me for that reason???

Yeah, sounds like she has issues. Mental issues could be at play here.
Regardless, she isn't helping the situation.

Have you given any thought to having her sister speak with a

professional?

Yes, as soon as we finally get her medical stuff worked out (she's on

state
insurance...awaiting her medical card now...should get in another 2 weeks

or
so).

BTW: I've never been to a councelor/psychiatrist like this before (I went
when I was a kid for about an 8yr time span, but that was really messed up

&
didnt help at all, since the lady would then report anything I said & I'd
get introuble for it & it would end up making things worse for me). How
would my interaction in this be? What would be the best way to have myself
involved in this (though I'd like to know what is going on, I don't want

repeat what happened with me, & even though I wont punnish her for

anything
she says, if I do know what she says or the general idea of it, I'd use it
in the same way as the chat logs & keylogging...for
info/warning/understanding purposes anyway...I wont use it in any way to
cause distrust or anything like that)?

When you call and make an appointment for your sister, they will have you
come in also. The counselor will probably talk to you first, alone. Then
sister will be brought in. What the 2 talk about is confidential and unless
something is happening that could or is harming sister, you won't be told
what she says. The counselor SHOULD keep you updated though on progress and
the over all feel of the sessions. The counselor may have sessions that
include both of you, maybe even other family members at times. If sister
isn't comfortable with the first person you see, try others. It would be
better to have some sort of referral, someone with a good reputation.

Tiff