Old April 4th 07, 10:27 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
miri

Default Single parent check in!

On 28 Mar, 19:14, "Bev" wrote:
Hey folks Watz up? How's life out there? Anybody there? How about some
communication up in here!

Bev

Hi, me again, hope Easter is going well,
Very tired this week, the final week of school was interesting
I was making animal costumes until all hours, just out of bits
and pieces of fabric, old curtains too good to throw out cos
they only needed the hems tidied up, the costumes in the shops
wern't bad, and I could have saved a lot of time buying off the peg,
but you know what? we had so much fun going through old boxes
of ribbon and buttons and doing a little drawing we never noticed

It would have been great to see a photo of the kids all dressed
up together. It was more like a zoo at home time!, everyone made
an effort, there were all sorts of creatures and the noise they must
have made during the day would have been a really something

We're planning ahead which is great, usually one or the other will
say they want to see something or go somewhere, If I try to get
them motivated without planning ahead they simply won't budge
and play up so we miss most of the day. Today they were throwing
themselves around in the old wheelbarrow and climbing a tree.
We'll go easter egg a hunting somewhere at the weekend and if
the weather stays fine fish the rock pools down on the coast for
a day.

I swapped my digital camera in part-ex for a newer version in the
sales, we've been taking photographs of all sorts, spider webs
with drops of dew on the web, the cat, the concrete, the sheep
misty fields at dawn and wellies covered in mud. Its a good little
camera.

There was a practice for music at school, one wants to play the
violin (ooh! I don't think I could stand the noise) and the other
already has a guitar and drums and gave up.

I was invited away overseas for Easter by old friends, but I just
hadn't expected the invitation and have not got any paperwork
ready. Perhaps I'm getting old. Theres a chance I could get away
for a week in the Summer, but,

There ain't the chance to meet new people like there used to be,
the cost of a sitter and the worry that something will happen if
I'm miles away makes it rediculous. If life begins at 40 cos you've
spent your early days bringing up the family and you can breath
a sigh of relief that they're settled and independant, I can say that
life still goes on at 40, but there wasn't much happening at 25.
I think if I'd had the support of grandparents, mom, dad, siblings
a cousin or two, I'd be better in myself.

Talking about family, B's busy working and his cousin is going
steady, which is great I'm looking forward to their wedding????
but every time he sees our cat he says "Have you got her neutered
yet? I don't want kittens all over the place!" I shrug if off of
course
but it grates my nerves, it my freekin cat!, its my freekin home!

What is it about the English they they don't want children?
Its like some pied-piper has been through the towns and villages,
totally weird. I went to the dr's for a repeat prescription, new
doc, we chatted, "If you were thinking of having a child please
let me know and I'll alter the meds!" you know what? I've been
asking those guys 8 years to take into consideration that I wanted
children and to give me something that wouldn't harm the baby,
this is when I was in a steady relationship, and I was simply ignored.
now i'm too friggin ancient they ask ! what can you say to that?

Bev I feel for you, just make sure whatever they say or give you
doesn't make you feel even more depressed than life has thrown
in your way.

I hope everyone has a Great Easter, maybe I'll get some photos
together to share of what we found in the rock pools

bye,

miri