Old May 17th 04, 08:16 PM
Ilse Witch

Default Midwives and my birth/story

Jill,

I'm sorry to hear that your midwife was so uncooperative during the birth.
At that time, you should be the one in control, and it is unfair of her to
deny you that control. Like you, I had long labour with DS and was put on
pitocin drip (didn't want epidural though). The reason I was given (I
asked afterwards again) was that the contractions were not productive and
just making me tired. The way things were going, I'd be labouring for days
and just get very exhausted. Then I wouldn't have energy left to push,
which is the hardest bit.

It is always hard to tell in advance what will happen, but at least you
should be in control, and if not you, your husband. I am glad that you are
at least enjoying your little one, that is the most important, but I
understand your anger. Talk things through with your midwife when you are
ready for it, it may shed some light on things, and it may make you feel
better to put it behind you.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (22m)