Old October 3rd 03, 12:27 AM
ColoradoSkiBum

Default military schools?

: Yes, indeed they should, values that are good and will be reinforced by
: the school system. Trouble is, our public school system is crippled

sigh Yes, that's the problem we're running into here. We're trying our
very best to teach values at home. SS came to us when he was 10 years old,
so a lot of the "values" were already set, and we've had a long road
changing them. He seems to have responded *at home*--we don't have trouble
with him, he's actually very well behaved *at home*--but at school it's a
totally different story. Refuses to do work. Tells the teachers he doesn't
have to do what they say. And on, and on, and on....I could literally write
3 or 4 pages about this kid. And the people at school, their hands are
tied. They *can't* talk to him the way we do; they can't physically
restrain him; he knows this and he walks all over them. (My favorite is when
he tells them we're going to sue them.)

Hence, the fact-finding mission.

Someone else mentioned JROTC. Unfortunately he's in 7th grade, so that's
not an option at this point. I don't think he'll make it to 9th grade at
the rate he's going. He'll be expelled or get his ass kicked by all the
other kids (who hate him) long before he gets there.
--
ColoradoSkiBum