Old September 9th 03, 11:59 AM
Jacqui

Default do people not like holding their babies?

Dawn Lawson wibbled

Although the question may be "loaded" it certainly seems a valid
question if you look about and notice how very very few people
really DO hold their infants/children for any appreciable length
of time. and really, those that reply that they use a stroller or
seat say they do so because they do NOT like holding their baby
during a meal or to go for walks, or whatever. (Not to say they
don't like their baby)

I don't like holding the baby during some meals. I am clumsy and the
prospect of dropping hot melted cheese on him, for instance, is
unpleasantly likely. Babies burn more easily than adults.

I'll happily hold him during a cold meal, or something I'm not likely
to spill, and for great chunks of the day otherwise (he's on my lap
right now) but I will not have him on my lap in a restaurant (ever had
a waiter drop a hot meal in your lap? I have) or during certain meals
at home. If he needs to be picked up, my meal can always be reheated,
but I'm not risking burning him just because putting him in the bouncy
chair might be seen as 'unattached'.

Jac