Old January 18th 04, 10:47 PM
Kat

Default My Blessingway (a little long)

Here are some articles/websites that describe Blessingways a bit (hope it
gives some people a better idea of what they are about and what you might
want to do):
http://www.mother-care.ca/blessing.htm

http://www.naturaltouchdoula.com/blessingway.php

http://www.preggiepeggy.com/blessingway.htm

http://home.earthlink.net/~eaglefalc...essingway.html

http://www.webbabyshower.com/baby-sh...lessingway.php

Kat

Mama to Maggie 11/03/01 and #2 EDD 02/01/04

"Amy" wrote in message
It sounds great :-) It's a pity some people are close minded, but then

like
you say, would you have wanted them there? I'd like to know a bit more

about
this sort of thing too (I reckon I can find two friends).

"Kat" wrote in message
Well, I said that I was going to post how my blessingway went...so here

am:-)

My best friend and her mother hosted the party, and only 2 other people

(out
of about 13 invited) attended. Which actually worked out the best

because
the women that were there were the ones that I care the most about and

feel
the most comfortable around. I felt comfortable enough to be in the

moment
instead of worrying about how people were feeling about it all, etc.

The
only thing that I was disappointed in was that I believe the main reason
most of the women didn't show up (I am especially upset with my aunt and
cousins for this) is that they thought it was going to be some kind of

weird
pagan thing and didn't feel "comfortable" with it all. They didn't even
give it a try. Oh well, like I said it was actually better because it

was
small group of women that I really like, etc.

It was a wonderful experience!!! I felt so loved and comforted by the
women. I have felt more relaxed and happy since. It was so reassuring

have women surrounding me that are so confident in me and love me. It

was
great! I felt very pampered and cared for. They did the sage

cleansing,
which made me feel more spiritually cleansed for my best friend's birth,

and
it made me feel like the our spirit's were made ready to experience the
whole thing completely. They the women read a bunch of awesome

affirmations
about the birth, my body and the baby. There was more after that, but I
feel like it would take too long for me to give all of it it's due:-)
Anyway, like I said before it was awesome and I would recommend it for

any
pregnant woman, especially if baby showers are not enjoyable for them or
it's their second baby and want to celebrate the new pregnancy without a
baby shower.
Kat
mama to Maggie 11/03/01
and #2 EDD 02/01/04