Old June 1st 07, 08:41 PM posted to misc.kids
Banty

Default Friendship problem for my 9 year old

In article . com, Vickie
says...

So, here I am. I really, really don't want to get involved anymore in
this. My heart goes out to her and her children, but I really don't
want to deal with this. When the calls come this summer for play
dates, etc. should I keep up with the excuses or get a back-bone and
just tell her when she gets her life back on track and help for her
girls to then give me a call?

This is one entanglement that you need, for your daughter's sake, to completely
eliminate from your life. Yes, it's sad about the two girls, but you help them
(and you really *can't* help them except possibly by notifying authorities) only
at the expense of your own child.

Therefore, the answer should be obvious to you. I wouldn't leave the door open
even a crack. Don't give her the "get her life back on track..." line, even.
Say goodbye.

Banty