Old June 1st 07, 08:40 PM posted to misc.kids
NL

Default Friendship problem for my 9 year old

Vickie wrote:

I think the husband is going to prison for a few years. School is
almost out. Don't know if I want to burden her teacher with this.

I don't think it's burdening a teacher if you ask her/him for an
appointment. And explain what's going on, and ask him/her for help in
the situation. Chances are this isn't the first time something like that
has happened in one of the teachers classes, so s/he might have
experience and know a better answer than I/we on this NG do. Especially
since the teacher also knows the child and her parent(s).

Thanks for your reply.

You're welcome.

And I will keep telling myself, ultimately this is not my
responsibility......right?

Well, kind of sort of. It's not your responsibility to make it all
right, and fix their family. But I think more people need to step in
when extreme violence occurs. I know I wish someone had called the
police when my ex beat me through the appartment.

cu
nicole