Old July 21st 03, 08:16 PM
Cele

Default help me keep my son from perpetuating the cycle of abuse (very long)

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 17:53:10 GMT, wrote:

Tiffany wrote:

Why is one need to be worse then the other?

YOU are the one who just said that what I was doing was worse.

Why does there have to be fault?

Again, YOU blamed ME, as usual.

I didn't say you abuse Paul, but again, you are only reading
what you want.

Yes you did. You said I name called by pointing out that he is a woman
abuser, and you equated that to him calling me a bitch, which I of course
think is not the same thing.

Why not answer my question on why you let this become
abuse?

It's not within my control to let it become anything, it is HIS
responsibility and HIS intention to make it so.

I could be wrong, and I'm sure Tiffany will correct me if I am, but I
think she may be making a point about giving the comments power rather
than, exactly, letting them become abuse.

I've made myself extremely clear on this issue in the past, so I won't
bore everyone with a repeat. My position is expressed here, if anyone
cares:
http://groups.google.ca/groups?q=Pau...x.co m&rnum=1

However much Paul et.al. have complete control of and responsibility
for their behaviour, Lorian, you have control of how much power you
assign them. Are their remarks worth giving them any power at all? Not
allowing them power means not allowing them the privilege of hurting
you.

If you see what I mean. :-/

Take care.

Cele

Would you say that about the positive posts on here? No? Then why would you
say it about the negative ones?

The positive posts come from another place, and are worthy of
consideration. As are some that also come from the spirit of support
or assistance, but that are hard to hear.

But the bullying isn't worth giving power to. Not just with you, in
this situation. In general, with everyone. Bullying is low and foul.
Why afford it any power or dignity at all?

Cele