Old January 12th 07, 06:02 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
0:->

Default Spanking Leads To Child Aggression And Anxiety, Regardless OfCultural Norm

krp wrote:
"Doan" wrote in message
First, the study is a correlation study. No CAUSATION can be implied.
Thus, the claim that spanking "Leads" to child aggression and anxiety
is bogus! Second, the authors themselves admitted that they included
beatings that are certainly abusive in the USA in study. If you really
want to debate this study, I am willing to give it a shot - no verbal
abuse warranted. ;-) Wanna give me a try? My guess is you will be
the one that do the avoidance and instead will use your little Kane9
to do the verbal abuse and attack for you.

There is NO scientifically acceptable evidence that spanking causes
aggression in Children. There is considerable evidence that a lack of
spanking can produce sociopathy in children.

Happy to discuss these claims with you in alt.parenting.spanking. Cross
posting to any other newsgroup will give you an easy way out when you
are proven wrong and can't support you claim with evidence.

We on then?

Before you commit, consider this: If you are going to claim, "There is
NO scientifically acceptable evidence that spanking causes aggression in
Children," then you are going to be asked two questions.

One: what do you consider "acceptable?'

Two: Produce, based on YOUR definition of "acceptable," acceptable
evidence to support your claim, "There is considerable evidence that a
lack of spanking can produce sociopathy in children."

We might also consider the meaning you place on the term "considerable,"
as in number, I presume you to mean.

I'll be interested in seeing what you come up with based on these simple
but vital criteria I've mentioned.

I'm very familiar with the literature and research from both sides. If
you need my help, just ask.

Happy to oblige.

Kane