Old September 22nd 06, 11:53 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids
Anne Rogers

Default Need Advice: Breastfeeding with 3 older (13+) stepson's

shrug Clearly, I'm just not going to get this.
I'd explain to anyone, related or not, if they wanted to
know how something worked (in age-appropriate terms, of
course). What's so all-fired touchy about the whole thing?
The thought of a teenager literally not knowing how
breastfeeding or pumping works is shocking to me.

I think perhaps this is the moment for someone to produce the picture of a
women somewhere, think it was the carribean, nursing next to some diplomat
or something and just pop her boob out the top of her clothes and nurse her
older baby right there as if it was the most normal thing in the world,
because it is! I suspect the more we watch nursing in untouched communities,
the better we'll do!

Anne