Old November 6th 06, 02:56 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

Default Undercover In High School

On Nov 6, 7:33*am, 'Kate wrote:
On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 12:19:19 GMT, "Tiffany" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

Pretty good stuff. I agree Kate. But I did get a chuckle off the comment
that one problem faced when smoking pot is the munchies. Hmmm.... what a
suckie problem.

heh...... my daughter and her friend decided to spend the night at our
house after a night out with other friends, they were 16. So M goes out
to the kitchen about 12 midnight and there sits my daughter and her
friend with all kinds of food out and stuffing thier faces, M says to
them are ya's stoned? and they replied "NO the fridge is broke and we
have to eat all the food before it goes bad! hysterical laughter " M
comes to me and says the refrigerator is broke and S and A are eating
all the food before it rots ! I said "they're stoned." I talked to them
in the a.m. talking to stoned teens would not have been productive.

I will also pass this to other parents. Many parents I know are in denial
big time.

TIf

you wanna know what's going on with your kid, you should hear what
their friends say about them to their parents or what your child tells
other kids' parents.

What do you all think about thoroughly inspecting your teen's room?

'K

Please allow my 2 cents on this one !

Total violation of thier privacy but.............

My kids were told when they got older IF:

1) it's out in plain view they must have wanted me to see it.
2) if while searching for a). the dishes that mysteriously are missing
and b).the fowl odor that is wafting out of thier room I find it.
3). thier behavior is c).secretive d).falling grades or e). failure to
obey house rules, I will investigate thier rooms for clues as to why
this is happening.

So basically I gave 'em the chance to maintain some privacy for the
most part.

Both my children managed to violate 1,2 and 3 as well as a,b,c,d,and e
!!!!!!!! so OH WELL!

Both my kids told me what they did after they did it. I was not sharp
with the first one , she told me when she was 23 what she did when she
was a teen that I didn't know. She even got busted when she was 16 shop
lifting and had her fathers mother bail her out and NO ONE told ME! The
second really did not even bother to try and hide what she was doing, a
benefit of her mental health I believe, which made it real easy to know
and deal with.

I am now aware my oldest smokes weed and drinks occasionally, she will
be 25 in a month. She is also graduating from the art institute next
month. You know those artist types . I have resigned myself to know
she is old enough to make her own decisions and I respect that . I dont
like it but it is not my life it is hers. That is what I told her. I'm
not one to smoke because it makes me paranoid, there is nothing I hate
more than paranoia! We wont discuss what alcohol does to me ! It is
much safer for me to just be sober......g

The youngest just cant use any mood altering substance, period. She
has/will have children to be responsible for and her mental health
condition worsens with substance use. This I have to keep a close eye
on even though she is 19 years old, because she is an addictive
personality.She is a self medicator. I will keep a close eye on it even
when she moves out from my home. I have grand babies to protect. So be
it....two different people two different opinions. They both know where
I stand on the subject for each of them. I maintain a good example for
them.

There are a lot of people out there that think alcohol is not as bad as
all the other substances hell society says it is legal!but I feel it is
worse than some illegal substances......it is more dangerous and should
be illegal!

o.k. I'm done now.....smirk

Ya'all have a nice day...crawling to my coffee pot