Old November 6th 06, 11:44 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Moon Shyne

Default Undercover In High School

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 12:19:19 GMT, "Tiffany" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

Pretty good stuff. I agree Kate. But I did get a chuckle off the comment
that one problem faced when smoking pot is the munchies. Hmmm.... what a
suckie problem.

I will also pass this to other parents. Many parents I know are in denial
big time.

If you wanna know what's going on with your kid, you should hear what
their friends say about them to their parents or what your child tells
other kids' parents.

What do you all think about thoroughly inspecting your teen's room?

My kids know, bottom line, they have no rights. They live in my home, on my
nickel, while the rest of the nickels pay for everything around here.

Yes, if it's in plain view, it was there to be seen. Yes, I have the right
to go into their rooms at will. Yes, I have the right to their usernames
and passwords for email (and if they don't work, I will force them to
cancel).

They're kids. I'm the adult. If they break the law, the law will find me,
as their parent, responsible.

And ya know what? It works, at least here. The worst trouble my oldest got
into was to be on the receiving end of a punch to the face (for which the
puncher was found guilty) - the worst trouble my younger has gotten into was
detention for being late to class.

They talk to me - sure, probably not about everything everything, but
certainly about the important stuff (opposite sex, drugs, all that stuff),
when and if I catch them lying, it's about the little stuff (like being home
by curfew versus 20 minutes late)...

And in return for following the rules of the house, respecting me as the
keeper of the goodies, and staying in school and out of trouble, they are
allowed their privacy.

It works for us.

'K