Old February 11th 06, 06:20 PM posted to alt.child-support

Default how to file for child support

P. Fritz wrote:

Apples and bananas..............using a corrupt system to benefit one's self
just makes you as corrupt as the system.

I agree the courts should not be used to further finicial gain.
However according to alot of people in here, women have have been doing
it through CS for years. So why should men not be allowed, or encourage
to the same thing if that is the only outcome of such a ploy.

Secondly I don't believe CS should be considered a Finicial gain
considering how much the average CP spends in both time and monatary
value in an effort to raise a child. Why should the NCP not contribute
to such an endenvor.

Personally I'm a full support of the idea of Joint Custody and CS
should not even be exchanged. However it's been shown to me here, time
and time again that apparently this is just not possible.

So again I ask if women have been allowed to force men to pay CS, why
should we Single Dads not be allowed, or encourage to do the same
thing. If for no other reason then to simply attempt to balance out
the scale.

To me what alot of you have been saying is pretty much the same
argument. If you read the story he presented correctly.. 6 years have
passed since he was already AWARDED custody. Not fighting for it now..
already awarded it.

Were you born clueless, or have you always just been that way?

Why is it if someone doesn't agree with your line of thinking they
are considered dumb. Thats a very narrow minded approach to life. I'm
sure glad your not in a position of power in the government...

And who cares how much he makes.. not the point... I make a fair bit
of coin myself... My Son and can manage without any support from my ex.
However it does not negate a person from taking care of their
responsibilty. In my particular case as I mentioned.. Any money she
gives me will go straight into a Register College Education Plan. End
of story... And I will not be able to touch the money until he is 25
and decided not to use it for college.

So you are as corrupt as the system.

I'm not as corrupt as the system.. I just have a belief that if you
do something, you should be held accountable for your actions. End of
story. You commit a crime, you do the time so to speak. In this case
it was the creation of a child. Well last I checked it takes 2 people
to do this, unless you can figure out a way to prove A-Sexual
reproduction in women.. And once doing so randomly pick some guy off
the street to support their child.

I agree the system needs to be changed. CS awarding is slightly
flawed in way it's calcualted alot of the time. However I know of very
few people who would ever say that paying CS is simply wrong.

The only people who seem to ever complain about CS being paid are the
ones that have been somehow jadded by the system, and the lawyers they
hire to defend them.

I am begining to think you wre born clueless. Risks have to be calculated
against the reward, not just the percentage chance of winning. In the
OP's case, the reward is not there when compared to the risk, but you
appear to clueless to see that fact.

No one in their right mind would risk $100 on a 95% chance to win $5.00.
That is what the OP would be doing by seeking support.

No you read what I wrote wrong. If you refer back to the very post
by the originator of the thred he stated that he has been AWARDED
CUSTODY, use big letters so you don't miss it that time. And he
DECLINED CS at that time. He did not go into details as to why.. could
of been a variety of factors.

However the judge advised him if he felt he ever needed it, to simply
apply. Sounds like a very Stable Minded judge to me.. and most of the
Judges I encountered during my custody hearings sounded about the
same.. And along with a few other Single Fathers I know who fought for
custody... both in the USA, and Canada where I live.

Personally I don't think he has any risk at all of losing his
Children. I have trouble imagining any judge, where the NCP has next
to no contact over a period of 6 years all of the sudden handing over
Custody to that person. Visitations maybe, but for some reason I think
Visitations were already included in the original agreement.

I think his risk of losing the children are at best 1 in 100 chance.
Or 1%. I don't think after 6 years of custody he would lose it.. Makes
no sense... Unles the older child, since it is her choice now being
over 12, decides she wants to live with Mom...

But that has nothing to do with the case at hand, as the child could
decide to that at anytime. Regardless of what either parent wants...

SpiderHam77