Old April 9th 07, 04:29 PM posted to alt.support.breastfeeding,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids,misc.kids.health,misc.kids.pregnancy
Penny Gaines

Default Unvaccinated children healthier

JOHN wrote:
"Donna Metler" wrote in message
. ..

Which I'll definitely believe. However, having taught in early childhood
and
kindergarten classrooms before the Chicken Pox vaccine, I know what
happens
when one of those childhood diseases rips through an unvaccinated
population. Within a few weeks, we would have more than half of the
students
in the pre K and Kindergarten out, plus a handful who had sometimes missed
it the first time. And inevitably, that would include at least one older
student or adult who had missed it for several years, and would be
seriously
ill.

We haven't had chicken pox vaccine here, UK, but i can't recall it being a
problem in any of the 7 schools my kids have been to.

I can't recall any kindegarten or pre school incident of it, or primary
school. So hardly a problem

[snip]

One of my kids had it at pre-school, and passed it on to their sibling:
there were several other cases within that pre-school.

--
Penny Gaines
UK mum to three