Old November 6th 03, 07:15 PM
dragonlady

Default How much privacy do you give them?

In article P0xqb.131056$Tr4.337381@attbi_s03,
"JennP" wrote:

"Marion Baumgarten" wrote in message
om...

My daughter has hd her won par top since about that age (she paid for
half of it). She does not have internet acess on it, however- she does
use it for school a lot for papers, etc.

I think this is wise if you are going to allow a child to have a computer.

I guess I just don't understand why a 13 y.o. can't use the family computer
for assignments. JMO, I guess.

It may depend upon how much use the computer gets. If you have a parent
working from it at home, and another sibling or two or three using it
for homework -- well, the log jam can get pretty interesting!

Several high schools around here are experimenting with giving all
students lap tops, and having the entire campus set up so they can
access the library and the internet wherever they are. They have grants
for this, and I have two friends whose kids have these "freebies"
(which, if I understand correctly, they do NOT get to keep!) It will be
interesting to see how this experiment turns out.

meh