Old July 11th 05, 04:47 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Thanks for all the tips so far. I'm going to try the contact paper and
maybe a screen door.
It does seem surprising that the cat went in the crib, but as I said
this is a very friendly cat. My guess is that she was looking for
company. She is not the least bit afraid of DD, she actually follows
her around during the day. I guess I'm just worried that the cat is
going to try to sleep on her face or something, although my husband and
I both think that DD is old enough to wake up, push off the cat and
scream before she gets suffocated. What do you think?

In general, you shouldn't leave kids and pets together
unattended, but the odds that the cat is going to suffocate a
toddler are so slim as to be nearly laughable. That's why I'd
feel perfectly comfortable waiting to see if it happened again
before making any serious effort to deal with it.

Best wishes,
Ericka