Old June 21st 07, 03:22 AM posted to rec.arts.books.childrens,misc.kids,soc.men,alt.parenting.solutions
Avenger[_2_]

Default The Final Word: Maybe it's time to let boys be boys - outside

"Hyerdahl" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 20, 2:06 pm, "Fred Goodwin, CMA" wrote:
The Final Word: Maybe it's time to let boys be boys - outside

http://www.usatoday.com/life/columni...7-05-01-final-
word_N.htmhttp://tinyurl.com/ythtr3

By Craig Wilson, USA TODAY
May 1, 2007

(edit)

Nothing titillates a boy more than the hint of danger, real or
imagined.

[and that's what society needs, more boys getting titillated ...doing
more dangerous things than they already do. :-)

Boys are very sissified today and must get back to their roots because they
will eventually take on the role of society's leaders. We don't need little
pussy whipped pansies.

More male illegal
drug taking and trafficing, more male crime, more male violence, more
male risky vocations and avocations, more male acoholics, etc.]

Better then more male nancy boys

(edit)

The book's premise is simple. Want to know how to make a slingshot? A
water bomb? Want to decipher codes or write with invisible ink? It's all
there for young male minds to devour and digest.

[Or young female minds; that a book is titled for boys doesn't mean
girls can't read it. In fact, last time I checked girls read quite a
bit more than boys.

If you consider 'Teen and Baby Cosmo magazines reading lol Poofy has these
delusions. Boys were and still are the better readers.

Trying to keep girls out of the clubhouse won't
work here. :-)]

Let them try to climb the tree to get in What are they going to do when
they get a dirt bomb all over their nice pink dresses? Run home to mommy or
call NOW haha

(edit)

I'd like to think there are boys in America who lead such a life still.
Their days filled with endless possibilities. Boys whose minds
and bodies both wander.

[Poor baby boys don't realize that girls go skinny dipping too,

Only in your warped paedophile dreams Poofy.

and
just as often. :-) Girls get on their bikes ...of a summer...and

Bicycle riding is an acceptable activity for girls provided they don't
overtax their delicate female nervous systems.AND provided they ride the
girls version of a bicycle. We don't want any accidents and broken hymens.
After all, how would they ever explain this to their potential husbands.

bike to old Aunt Helen's farm, or to a neighbor's house...at least
that's what they tell their daddies. :-)]

In reality they rode to the mall to spend daddy's hard earned money on the
latest bare midriff tank top. Girls have got to start early if they are to
attract a husband,especially with all those Eastern European beauties taking
all the good men. It's not like your grandpappy's day where men would have
to settle for the inferior domestic product. Today we have superior imported
products )

(edit)

But I do remember a treehouse that allowed me to sit in the sky, a
makeshift covered wagon that carried me to the edge of the lawn, a
rowboat that floated me out to an island in the middle of the creek, an
island we conquered over and over and over again. We fought foes

both real and imagined, and without any casualties on our side, I
might add.

[So children need to let their imaginations run wild, and not just
boys. Good to know. :-)

But boys are the only ones with any real imagination. Sure, girls will dream
of getting married like Cinderella or dream some Prince awakens and marries
them but that's hardly in the same category.