Old October 21st 04, 05:20 PM
Sarah Vaughan

In message 1098307954.QdZVOH1hnhSKThVHRc1u8A@teranews, Anne Rogers
writes
are there any that you can take, either herbal, over the counter or
prescription, currently my sleep is iffy, but good enough, it could easily
tumble into disasterous, so I'm doing my research in advance

When I was working in Obstetrics we used to be OK with prescribing women
Temazepam. Of course, this was from late second trimester onwards, so I
don't know what the evidence is on taking it in the first trimester.

One non-medical remedy that's been shown to work is to massage yourself
with lavender oil or lemon balm. I can't believe that would be likely
to do any harm, since it's only applied to your skin, so you could give
that a go.

All the best,

Sarah

--
"I once requested an urgent admission for a homeopath who had become depressed
and taken a massive underdose" - Phil Peverley