Old May 15th 04, 02:14 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Default Motherhood and me

Jill wrote:

I can't believe how calm I feel, and how not-nervous I am. My mom is coming
over next week a lot to help me when my DH goes back to work. We are getting
along, it's so odd it's scary! She has done a couple of typical things, but
I see her differently now. It's easier to overlook, and just see that she
loves the baby so much and is so tickled to be a grandmother. I do realize
that she has been through a lot with her side of the family, and I see the
joy when she is around Rachel.

I think that's one of the things people tend to underestimate
until they've been there. Seeing how much your parents love your
baby creates a powerful thing you have in common, and opens the
door for some good things to happen. That doesn't mean that you
wipe out an entire history of problems in one fell swoop, but it
creates an opportunity. It's wonderful that you're seizing the
opportunity, and I hope it keeps going well for you.

Best wishes,
Ericka