Old November 9th 05, 09:47 PM
Barbara

Default Homework for a 5 year old - how much involvement needed.

I don't understand the concept of getting ready for 3rd and 4th grade
homework in kindy and 1st grade. But that's just me. (Or then it isn't since
I've seen such articles on the 'net).

My feeling is that kids need to practice what they've learned. I just
don't think it's unreasonable to ask a kid to do ten math problems,
write sentences using his spelling words, read a paragraph and answer a
couple of questions about it, or perform other simple reinforcing
tasks. Obviously, others disagree; we'll have to live with that.

Barbara