Old January 26th 04, 04:30 PM
Phoebe & Allyson

Default OT - changing sleep arrangements

Akuvikate wrote:
1. Continue to co-sleep by switching her to the middle and getting her
used to sleeping with DH.

Caterpillar sleeps in the middle, and is still glued to me. In her
"crawl around droopily" fits last night, she crawled randomly between
us, so I think the reason she glues to me is the milk.

Anyone with advice about moving a co-sleeping baby to a crib around
this age?

My recollection is that there's a "window" at 4 months for making the
co-sleeping to crib transition, and the next one is at around 18 months.

Is the Bug a good solids-eater? I honestly think that night-nursing is
going to be a bigger issue than co-sleeping, and it's going to be hard
for you to pump at work, so I assume you're planning to wean either
completely or nearly completely. If it were me, I'd work on nursing /
eating more during the day and cutting back at night gradually over the
next 3-4 months.

I think that she'll handle you not being there for her when you're not
there at all much better than she'll handle you being physically
present, but not with her, IYKWIM.

Phoebe