Old January 26th 04, 11:06 PM
Akuvikate

Default OT - changing sleep arrangements

Phoebe & Allyson wrote in message ...

Is the Bug a good solids-eater? I honestly think that night-nursing is
going to be a bigger issue than co-sleeping, and it's going to be hard
for you to pump at work, so I assume you're planning to wean either
completely or nearly completely. If it were me, I'd work on nursing /
eating more during the day and cutting back at night gradually over the
next 3-4 months.

I don't intend to wean, but I'm not dead set on continuing nursing if
it becomes really difficult. I don't intend to pump unless she's
allergic to cow's milk. She's decent with solids, so ideally by a
year old she'll be getting her nutritional needs met that way, and
nursing will be good for cuddles and a nutritious snack. My hunch
about night nursing is that she does it because I'm there and would
cut way back if I weren't, though we've never tested it. Her night
nursing consists of waking me up by squirming and me then plugging her
in, as it's the fastest way to get us both back to sleep -- sometimes
she's probably not even awake, and I'm sure she's not always hungry.

Kate
and the Bug, 7.5 months