Old July 9th 03, 09:42 AM
Jeff Utz

Default Graduation

"Mary Ann" wrote in message

Jeff Utz wrote in message
My cousin had his a few weeks ago. It was pretty nice. When the kids

walked
in descending order of GPA for those who got honors and highest honors
(those who did not get honors came in alphabetical order after those

with
honors). I liked this. It let those who worked harder stay near the

front.

High grades does not equal working harder. No one works harder than my
daughter and she will never be a consistent A student. My son does nothing
at all and gets As. I would rather see her honored for her effort.

I know what you mean. At least at my cousin's graduation, I think the
majority of the people at the front of the line worked hard to get there (I
know my cousin worked hard to get where he was, but, given his talents, if
he worked harder, he would have been closer to the front of the line.) Not
all. But academic achievement is what it is all about. And when it comes to
measuring academic achievement, grades are what count.

I do like the suggestion of you honoring her for her hard work. She earned
it.

Jeff