Old October 23rd 06, 02:49 AM posted to alt.child-support,can.legal,can.politics,soc.men
?-?

Default Low Income Fathers, Child Support and Economic Oppression

"teachrmama" wrote in message

"?-?" wrote in message
. com...

"teachrmama" wrote in

Yes, as a matter of fact. It may look good on paper, but it just isn't
done that way. When my husband went to court to have CS set for the
daughter he had just found out about, the judge told him that his other
children were irrelevant.

Funny, I was just told by immigration that lack of CS payments to my
child would not cause any hardship for her and I am to leave the country.
How does this work?

I don't know about your case. In my husband's case, he was told that the
almost-13-year-old he had just found out about was the only one the courts
would look at in setting CS--and that our 2 daughters were irrelevant to
how much $$$ he would be assigned to pay.

It's very ironic that I have one government agency telling me I have to pay
money to supprt a child in need, and another government agency saying the
child doesn't need the money.