Old September 19th 03, 09:46 AM
Elly

Default Week 37+ ob/gyn appointment

Short version: everything's fine, and it seems there is no chance I'll go
into labour any time soon!

Long version:
- urine: sterile
- blood pressu 110/80
- weight: 0 lbs gained in the last 2 weeks (total weight gain: 30 lbs)
- swelling: light - feet
- fundal height: rib cage - the baby's head is down, but still not engaged
in the birth canal
- dilation: none
- effacement: 25% (same as 2 weeks ago)
- CTG showed no contractions;
- baby's heart rate: 138-140 at the beginning, but then the baby started
moving around really a lot (ob/gyn laughed when she saw the CTG chart - it
went from 138-140 to 160-180 and then down again, depending on the baby's
kicks, and some of them were pretty intense!). As DH could not come, I
recorded the baby's heart beat on the tape recorder, and now he wants to
listen to it every time he phones ;-)
-ob/gyn prepared the admission papers for the hospital (she said it's her
standard procedure, so in case I do experience bleeding/water
breaking/contractions I can go straight to the hospital and just handle them
the admission paperwork - they just have to fill in the date)
- next appointment: next Thursday (every 7-days-schedule from now on).

So, everything is still normal. It seems I did not catch that flu I
mentioned DH had the last weekend. We have big plans for this weekend - to
check out a possible house for us, visit some friends, and get some things
done from our to-do list. And to shorten that name list - the boys names'
list is short enough (4), but the girls names' list is definitively too long
(11)!!

A question: occasionally I feel like my left thigh/hip is "asleep" - it
feels like I have to pinch it really hard to "wake it up"; occasionally it's
not numb, but there is a sort of burning sensation in one spot. Did anyone
else experience this? I forgot to mention it to my ob/gyn because we were
laughing at the CTG results so much, and it's not really a big problem (it
goes away soon), but I just wonder what it can be.......... Any ideas?

Happy pregnancy/parenting everyone,
Elly
37 weeks + 4 days
(16 days to go!)