Old September 19th 03, 02:04 PM
Christa

Default Week 37+ ob/gyn appointment

Hi Elly,

Glad that everything is o.k. with you and the baby!

A question: occasionally I feel like my left thigh/hip is "asleep" - it
feels like I have to pinch it really hard to "wake it up"; occasionally

it's
not numb, but there is a sort of burning sensation in one spot. Did anyone
else experience this? I forgot to mention it to my ob/gyn because we were
laughing at the CTG results so much, and it's not really a big problem (it
goes away soon), but I just wonder what it can be.......... Any ideas?

It might be that the nerve going from your pelvis to your leg (the Isciatic
nerve?) is begin pressed to your pelvis bones by the baby, thus making the
area innervated by the nerve feel numb. Nothing to worry about, although it
can feel very uncomfortable.

Best wishes,
Christa
EDD baby2 Jan 6th, 2004