Old January 9th 08, 02:36 AM posted to misc.health.alternative, misc.kids.health
rpautrey2

Default Bad news for liars, good news for kids

PB: Is it possible the actual culprit is the active vaccine itself?
The sickest acute ailment I ever had up until 1984 was a forced flu
vaccine while active duty US Army. I was so sick I was confined to
quarters for 2 weeks. Paul

On Jan 8, 12:09*am, Peter Bowditch wrote:
State's autism rises despite vaccine change

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Autism cases in California continued
to climb even after a mercury-rich vaccine preservative that some
people blame for the neurological disorder was removed from routine
childhood shots, a new study found.

Researchers from the state Department of Public Health found the
autism rate in children rose continuously during the 12-year study
period from 1995 to 2007. The preservative thimerosal hasn't been used
in childhood vaccines since 2001, but is used in some flu shots.

Doctors say the latest study adds to existing evidence refuting a link
between thimerosal exposure and autism risk and should reassure
parents that the disorder is not caused by vaccinations. If there was
a risk, they said, autism rates should have dropped between 2004 and
2007.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/01/07....ap/index.html

Another take on it at:

Mercury-vaccine link to autism disproven: study

CHICAGO (Reuters) - A new study provides more proof that childhood
vaccines with mercury as a preservative -- no longer on the market --
did not cause autism, researchers reported on Monday.

The findings came from a look at children diagnosed with autism in
California from 1995 to 2007. It found that the number of autism cases
continued to rise through that period even though the preservative
thimerosal -- nearly half of which is made of ethylmercury -- was
removed from most vaccines in 2001.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080107/...cinations_dc_1

And yes, I know that the second story contains the idiotic statement
"thimerosal -- nearly half of which is made of ethylmercury". I can
only assume that the "journalist" studied chemistry at the University
of Kentucky (if at all).

--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
The Millenium Projecthttp://www.ratbags.com/rsoles