Old April 25th 07, 02:31 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Strutter

Default When to let kids meet new girlfriend

"'Kate" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 21:35:54 -0700, Bev wrote for all to see:

On Apr 23, 11:08�pm, "Strutter" wrote:
"'Kate" wrote in message

news
On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 18:36:31 -0500, Strutter wrote for all to see:

snipped�
I also pay $8K/year in child support and another $6K/year in
traveling expenses to be with my daughter. My 39 year old ex wife
introducing her 25 year old boyfriends to my daughter just rubs me the
wrong
way a little. Especially since those relationships don't seem to be
lasting
too long.

Ya know......I thought you were thinking of your daughter when you
posted about your ex's introducing her b/f's to the child. Now I see
why your shorts are really in a knot. 8K a year in CS and 6K a year in
traveling expenses does not make up for the limited amount of time you
are spending with your child.Move closer, you can spend more time with
your daughter ,save your 6K in traveling expenses,mind your own
business about who your Ex is dating and you might feel better.

:-D

Yeah... I know. I asked the question he least wanted to answer. He got
defensive and threw the money up as a "smokescreen".

Transparent, huh?

Hugs,
'Kate

I wasn't being defensive. Being away from my daughter is painful, and I may
have come across as being defensive. I want my ex wife to meet a good man
that will be good to my daughter. I just don't think my ex should start
bringing the guys around my daughter from day one. I want her to give it a
little time. My daughter still talks about a couple of the guys my ex has
dated recently, and she doesn't completely understand why they aren't around
anymore. How is that fair to my daughter?