Old February 11th 04, 07:53 PM
Tine Andersen

Default upset at nanny -- vent

"Nina" skrev i en meddelelse

"Dawn Lawson" wrote in message
news:FQrWb.462164$JQ1.333434@pd7tw1no...

Nina wrote:

"Tine Andersen" wrote Being quite
frank: I would probably look down at someone who chose to let

her DH support her and stay at home. I would consider it lazy, I

think.

You're supposed to provide for yourself. I myself would hate to

stay

at

home - I need the satisfaction my job gives me. I'm an acceptable

mother,

but I'm not born to be a MOTHER, if you KWIM.

You dont consider the tasks of maintaining a home and family o be
work? I find it
ironic when people approve of working as a daycare worker outside

the
home for pay
but consider it laziness when the same job is performed in ones

home.
Being a:
daycare worker
cook
housekeeper
are work when paid professsions, but laziness when same functions

are
provided at home.

and imo, this is why NAmerican daycare is poorer than what Tine is

used
to. We have to be as sensitive to the differences in culture as

Tine
has been, if we are to continue asking her to spell out those
differences. She was ASKED what NAmericans do that she finds

unusual
and shocking.

Dawn

My goodness, you tend to be testy.
Where was i insensitive? I was disucssing in depth with her her
perceptions
and asking her further questions to get a better idea of her
perspective.
I cant see how thats insensitive.
Dialogue.

It's OK with me - I love these exchanges of ideas and ways of living. And I
accept that not everyone recognize my descriptions as mere descriptions and
not statements of a better way of living.

Tine, Denmark