Old October 18th 05, 10:06 PM
PattyMomVA

Default no naps- EVER- life in disaster zone.

"JJ" wrote and I snipped:
Sorry, this is a bit off topic I know. I haven't been able to read or
post in a while since we still don't have internet since Rita. My 14
month old is no longer napping- ever.

Now, she is healthy and eating again, and back down to nursing once at
night. However, NO naps. She is exhausted by 4, so I feed her at 4,
bathe at 4:30, then bed at 5pm, then she sleeps til 6 am.

I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles related to the hurricane. It must
be very hard to manage all these changes, especially with a baby.

That said, your baby may be getting enough sleep even without napping if she
can go so long at night without waking. I once knew a baby who did this:
slept all night in one chunk without naps. I don't think it is a problem
for the baby. I think the total amount of sleep per 24 hours is what is
important. I understand the problem for you not getting a break during the
day, but at least you get that 13-hour break at night.

for the last two days I haven't even bothered trying to get her to nap.
she seems tired in the afternoon, and lays her head on the
ground/floor, but say "nap" and those winkerpeepers pop wide open!

I think that's your opportunity for a break. Just don't say "nap"!

Take care,
-Patty, mom of 1+2