Old October 24th 05, 01:20 AM
JJ

Default no naps- EVER- life in disaster zone.

OK, she is definitely not getting enough sleep, but I am trying to not
worry about it. We instituted 'quiet time' instead of naptime, and I
spread out quilts on the floor in her room, turn out the lights, and
then read stories for about 10 minutes. Then, I lie down and she spends
the next 50 minutes alternatively digging through her shelves or
drawers, or coming and snuggling up next to me, but certainly not
sleeping,and sometimes banging on the door to get out. So today, I
gave up after an hour and put her in her chair for lunch. I started
highchair. I knew she'd wake up if I touched her, so I let her sleep.
An hour later, she woke up and started eating again as if nothing
happened. But at least she got a nap and was cheerful all afternoon!!

JJ