Old July 23rd 06, 04:48 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Anne Rogers

Default Etiquette Question - wedding invites

My dp's sister doesn't like children but she is very fond of William
and is one of his 4 non-god parents. She is always interested in how he
is getting on and is really pleased when he grins at her lamby noises.
We always got on really well and whilst at first I was quite miffed
that she wasn't as keen to coo over William when he was born as
everyone else was, it hasn't affected our friendship in the least. We
were friends for 8 years before he was born so I couldn't imagine
chucking that away because she doesn't like children. If she made it a
problem then it might be different but we are both adult enough to
accept we have made different choices in life and to respect each
others feeling on kids.

doesn't like children in what way? in that she doesn't want her own? she
likes William by the sounds of things.

I definitely had a mixture, with some friends barely able to keep away,
desperate to see the new one, others much more casual.

There are different levels of not likeing children, I have a friend who is
dead against having her own, yet loves to help out with Sunday School. Then
there are people who don't like children and who just could not meet you
with them present, that is when it would be really hard to substain a
friendship

Anne