Old October 10th 06, 09:20 PM posted to misc.kids
Penny Gaines

Default How to break 4 year old from shyness?

Jen wrote:
[snip]
I was extremely shy all my life. It isn't till I was 35ish that I
discovered I had social phobia. It is very debilitating, but can be helped.
Try starting with your GP or school counsellor. She sounds much like I was,
but I would find one friend instead of a teacher.

I hope you can find help for her, it would be extremely hard for her.

Jen

I think the OP's child is a bit young to be diagnosing with social
phobia. Many people are shy as children/teenagers, but become much
less shy as adults.

--
Penny Gaines
UK mum to three