Old December 19th 05, 12:10 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Poll: Birth Control

Amy wrote:
What sort of birth control are you other nursing moms on?

I've got the Mirena IUD. I've had it for 4 years now and I'm really
happy with it. Nearly no period (used to have really heavy periods with
lots of pain), no pain. I love it.
I was scared at first because of the "no period" aspect (Yes, I took a
couple of pg tests because I was scared I might be). But I've gotten
used to it now and honestly, I haven't had a regular period in 6 years
(I had my period maybe twice or three times before getting the IUD
because I was bf'ing.)

I find myself forgetting pills, because I'm more worried about the baby
than myself at bedtime. I want something easy, don't we all. WHEN ARE
THEY GOING TO COME OUT WITH A PATCH FOR MEN?!?!?!

Yeah, I'd love for that to happen, too.

take care!
nicole